• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zfunk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:29 pm Reply with quote
You think that ring has some side effect on Charlotte that she is not aware of?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:07 am Reply with quote
Maybe, but considering it uses dark energy/mana/whatever I am worried about if she loses control over it.
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Dam don't mess with Helvetcia, she had that guy executed. I didn't expect that, I thought she just going to scare him, make him pea his pants, scare a confession out of him, etc., nope she wasn't bluffing.

I totally called it that Charlotte ring had side effects.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:23 am Reply with quote
A bit of a rushed episode in order conclude the arc this week, but it was another good time. I fully get why the noble was killed though, letting him get away would only result in more trouble down the line. Next time he might come back with more greedy nobles in tow. She also needs to steel herself, since this will probably not be the last time she has to deal with slime like him.

As for the ring, I am unsure if she lost control over it or if it was a installed trap. Given the shady fellow who gave the ring both are possible.

Father and daughter have once again gone separate ways, I wonder what will happen next.
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:57 pm Reply with quote
So Belgrieve might be getting a harem, did not see that coming.

Also looks like things between Angie and someone who could kind of be her biological brother are not over, I mean they are do have some connection.

Last edited by zfunk on Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:40 am Reply with quote
A single wife rather than a harem I think, though finding the right one might be a challenge for Ange.

Ange and the dude do have some connection in that I assume both to be demon lord of some kind. That said, the dude seems to be a bit unstable at times in controlling his demon lord part.

We also had some elf visitors and a new adventurer in the town this week. Seems like pops has no time to get bored.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:11 am Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:

Getting? He's already pretty much got one (all the noble sisters, Ange and her party, the sorcerer girl he saved (sort of), the tsundere elf, Duncan, and Graham), though he's not interested in any of them. Smile The way things are going he might as well open a boarding house. Anyway, looks like everyone in the ending parade is now accounted for.

I like the idea of the living metal.

Who are you guys talking about that could be Ange's brother? And what makes you think so?
zfunk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:31 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
zfunk wrote:

Getting? He's already pretty much got one (all the noble sisters, Ange and her party, the sorcerer girl he saved (sort of), the tsundere elf, Duncan, and Graham), though he's not interested in any of them. Smile The way things are going he might as well open a boarding house. Anyway, looks like everyone in the ending parade is now accounted for.

I like the idea of the living metal.

Who are you guys talking about that could be Ange's brother? And what makes you think so?

The guy she confronted at the end of the episode. I don't mean literal brother, but both have some sort of connection to demons or humunculi.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:04 am Reply with quote
Oh, I thought you meant some new character, and I couldn't think of any new ones that seemed to fit what you were saying. Smile
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Did you see that look Byaku gave at the very end, look very sinister, so I don't know if he and Charlotte are still working for the bad guys. Not that I don't believe them about their plight, they are legit there, but their bosses could still be using one last gasp of blackmail.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't read it that way at all. I thought he smiled at how the girls were all taking her under their wing and treating her like a little sister instead of punishing her or otherwise being mean, like the people who beat her up when she returned their money. It means he can relax a little now.

And speaking of Ange's possible little brother, I think he's staying at Belgrieve's Boarding House and Orphanarium now...
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I didn't read it that way at all. I thought he smiled at how the girls were all taking her under their wing and treating her like a little sister instead of punishing her or otherwise being mean, like the people who beat her up when she returned their money. It means he can relax a little now.

And speaking of Ange's possible little brother, I think he's staying at Belgrieve's Boarding House and Orphanarium now...

Maybe I just being paranoid. I want this to be real, not part of some sinister plot.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:31 am Reply with quote
It seems genuine to me so far. I also doubt that the bad guy in question would go to so much trouble, he seems the type to abandon one of his pawns as soon as their use has run out.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:02 am Reply with quote
Well, the zombie people came to kill them, not bring them back, and I don't think Byaku was lying about not being able to use the teleport spell anymore. Also the Baron they were working for is dead, so I think whoever enlisted them to begin with has cut them dead as well, aside from wanting them actually dead to clean up after.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:54 am Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I think the lil necromancer's redemption arc is genuine too.

My questions are

- How long they can put off the discussion about what Byaku meant about him and Angie being the same?

- Is Angie's resemblance to the demon lord orphan a coincidence?

- Is this church infiltrated by demons, framing "demons", or has it become as bad as the thing it started out fighting?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5