• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mashle: Magic and Muscles (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:49 pm Reply with quote
No new episode this week, but a valentine special (whatever that is).
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems like music magic baldy won't be an easy opponent. Yeah, I am sure Mash will win, but it will probably take a semi serious workout this time. I also feel eternally bad for Finn since he is the only one who is relatively normal/sane.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:51 pm Reply with quote
6:

I actually forgot that Margarette loves shrimp tempura and tartare sauce. I wonder if it's actually important to the show.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Said sauce played a part in the fight this week, so yes, the tartare was important. The fight itself was a lot of fun to see. Margarette has a lot of overpowered magic music that he can use and to counter a lot of it you need more than just brute power. Thankfully Mash is as creative as always when it comes to battle tactics.

As for the big baddy appearing, that seems like something the headmaster will handle.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Things are really heating up now. We had demons, sitter baby, thorny guy and the headmaster and subject zero staring each other down this week. Sitter baby had an interesting type of magic, but someone with a lot of magic can simply take him out even when a toddler. As for thorny guy....I felt bad for him, reduced to a one tricky pony with a creampuff head. As for the headmaster, I get the feeling he is gonna do a Dumbledore.
ACxS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:40 am Reply with quote
8:

Pretty cool to see those who fought Mashle, now do the Mashle Dance in the OP.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Lots of powerful magic on display this week. The headmaster is a true monster (though I still think that he will lose in the end) and took care of his former master and the not necromancer rather quickly. As for Mash, he won the day with some more quick thinking and muscles (long live biceps), though Cell really has some nasty abilities.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:16 am Reply with quote
9:

You know... we all know that Mashle doesn't use magic, so he just uses brute strength. Even if it's just comic relief, we kinda enjoy this magic-versus-muscle (it's in the damn title, anyway).

But now that it's revealed that Mashle isn't exactly human, we learned that there's a reason why Mashle has all this ungodly strength (not to mention, his Flash-like reflexes and thinking). It's fine, but it clashes against the nonsensical comic relief that we (or maybe I) have been enjoying so far.

Why you gotta do this? I actually don't want logical reasoning; I just want entertainment. Leave that *logical bullsh-t out.

P.S. We know that Adam Jobs (Steve Job's brother or something?) had three disciples. What's up with the third one? Storytelling-wise, having just two disciples (Wahlberg and Innocent Zero) would have been fine. There's gotta to be something going one with the third one.

*oxymoron? You bet!
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:45 am Reply with quote
It is a bit unclear actually. Mash put in a lot of work building up his muscles, so I would not say that it is a talent that has been simply given to him. He might actually be defective and became as strong as he is purely through harsh training and the wonders of cream puffs.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:24 am Reply with quote
Maybe so, but I don't want it. Don't explain and give (possible) reason why Mashle seems stupid-strong because of cream puffs.

Let me live with my delusions!
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:04 am Reply with quote
10:

Do you know that I get hyped up for every episode?

GO TO SCHOOL.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:54 am Reply with quote
11:

What!?

Baddie retreats right at the climax? That's the mother of all clichés, c'mon now!

I was expecting more action between Mash and that Titan. At least a bit more than just a tug-of-war. We will get to see who's the one putting up the magic barrier, right? Right??
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 was in some ways even more dangerous to Mash than the previous ones. He had to face dreaded exams after all, plus a crowd of less than pleased parents. He withstood them all and next season will be all about the final hurdle to become a visionary. It was also nice to have a little bit of downtime for a change.

The season as a whole was more great Mashle content: fun fights, muscles, creampuffs and lots of dumb situations, there was also the best OP of the season.

@ACxS well, you did get to see magic barrier guy before he was retired.
ACxS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Final:

7/10.

I have no rational way to explain the grade. It's actually pretty high for a no-brain show. But I will say one thing: it's a show that I've been looking forward to every week. It's stupid but it's fun. Moreover, it gave me more of the stuff I enjoyed in the first season. So yeah, I'll take it.

smurky turkey wrote:
@ACxS well, you did get to see magic barrier guy before he was retired.

Yeah, but was it worth it?

If I think about it, this guy could nullify all magic. All magic. Must have been stupid-strong. And yet, all the show did was simply show his face and well, dead by sand. Put some effort into it, c'mon now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5