• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Edens Zero (TV) (all seasons).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 am Reply with quote

Season 1: Edens Zero
Season 2: Edens Zero (TV2)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 25 volumes, by Hiro Mashima)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, science fiction

Themes: space

Plot Summary: At Granbell Kingdom, an abandoned amusement park, Shiki has lived his entire life among machines. But one day, Rebecca and her cat companion Happy appear at the park's front gates. Little do these newcomers know that this is the first human contact Granbell has had in a hundred years!

As Shiki stumbles his way into making new friends, his former neighbors stir at an opportunity for a robo-rebellion… And when his old homeland becomes too dangerous, Shiki must join Rebecca and Happy on their spaceship and escape into the boundless cosmos.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 1: April 10, 2021 (Saturday)
Available on: Netflix

Season 2: April 1, 2023 (Saturday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 1: 25 episodes
Season 2: Pending

Total: 25 episodes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:10 am Reply with quote
I finally got around to watching the first season recently and loved it. I'm a huge Fairy Tail fan and Edens Zero definitely scratched that itch while bringing its own brand of fun and adventure so, yeah, pretty pumped for round 2 which I believe starts on Crunchy today. Just getting this thread ready in anticipation. The fact that nobody posted any comments on the first season shows that titles just get swallowed up in the Netflix vortex.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:09 am Reply with quote
I watched and enjoyed the first season and am quite happy to see that the second season is out.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:07 am Reply with quote
It is still as crazy and fun as it was in the first season, though the series can get fairly dark out of nowhere too. One moment it is dumb fun and the next shit hits the fan real hard.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 5:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 30 (or Season 2, Episode 5)

smurky turkey wrote:
It is still as crazy and fun as it was in the first season, though the series can get fairly dark out of nowhere too. One moment it is dumb fun and the next shit hits the fan real hard.

Oh man, you ain't just whistling Dixie. I don't know how I feel about the so-called spoiler[death of Shiki.] On the one hand, I can't believe it's true. I'll certainly be mega pissed off if it is. By the same token, if it's not true, it's kinda a cheap trick, depending on how it's handled. I guess we'll find out. Here's my speculation not backed up by actual knowledge: spoiler[what we've been watching isn't actually real. It's stuff that has been planted in Rebecca's head by Drakken Joe to make her despair so that she'll voluntarily join his gang.]

Whatever the case, I truly hate Drakken Joe. I'm hoping next episode starts the turnaround for the Edens Zero group because I'm kinda tired of them also being on the back foot (even if spoiler[what we've been watching isn't "real."]). Needless to say, I'm pretty immersed in this.

Oh and for any manga readers out there please don't post anything that hasn't appeared in the anime yet, not even a coy hint. I like to experience the story through the anime and I like being at information zero.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 31

Ah, so that's how they resolved the issue. Well, that's fine by me. YOU'RE GOING DOWN DRAKKEN JOE!!! Or should I say, Crappin Joe, 'coz you'll be CRAPPIN' your pants!

Can y'all believe that some people have the gall to say that I'm immature???

Holy crap, I just realized the significance of Drakken Joe calling Rebecca No. 30. This attempt to defeat him is obviously the 30th try.. I suspect they'll do it this time.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:05 am Reply with quote
It indeed seems like it is time for a victory after a lot of losses. Maybe a bit of light too because the season has been pretty dark so far. It can go from jokes to brutality on the drop of a hat.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:59 am Reply with quote
It can and I hope in this case it does. I'm ready for a bit of levity.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Given the newest episode things seem to be going a bit better this time. One of the element baddies is out and the gang seem to have an actual plan going on.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:20 am Reply with quote
Another solid episode, the elements were defeated (one of them rather easily too) and they have some more information to work/plan with. That said, one has to wonder what swirly face really wants.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:45 pm Reply with quote
It has been a while, but Edens Zero is still going strong. We are now in the second arc of the season and it started of with some well deserved fun at the beach, ending with a giant octopus and a mysterious temple.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 50 (Finale)

I gotta say this second chunk of 25 episodes didn't grip me the way the first did. I rated this second chunk as Good (compared to Excellent for the first chunk) and if I wanted to be a little mean, I could've even gone down to Decent. I can't even explain what was lacking but I just didn't crave watching the episodes the way I did earlier on. Still looking forward to the next batch, though.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:42 am Reply with quote
I think some of the arcs just have different qualities. They do all succeed in making some truly vile villains though. I also like how there are now several factions coming into action, making for a fair bit of fun chaos.
zfunk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Any word on the dub?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1