• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Illustrator Acky Bright, Macross Creator Shōji Kawamori, More Attend Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:13 pm Reply with quote
So many prolific people!
Wangen

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Sayaka Ohara, and Ryukishi...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Surprised
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Wangen wrote:

Ryukishi has mentioned that he's only there to greet fans, and to not expect any anime news or updates on Ciconia. Of course, he's done some trolls in the past but I feel he's probably being serious with that message.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:15 pm Reply with quote
InNeedOfAName wrote:
Wangen wrote:

Ryukishi has mentioned that he's only there to greet fans, and to not expect any anime news or updates on Ciconia. Of course, he's done some trolls in the past but I feel he's probably being serious with that message.

I was hoping he'd give an update on when Loopers Plus would release at least.
Wangen

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:21 pm Reply with quote
InNeedOfAName wrote:

In that case for fans it will probably be Don't you have phones? moment.

In other words, disappointment.
loveliver

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:51 pm Reply with quote
With Shoji Kawamori arriving, I have a good feeling BIGWEST will be there as well. We'll have our Disney+/Hulu release date/window for Macross!

On the other note, I'm wondering if BIGWEST will recognize the Blu-rays of the franchise that are coming out with Anime Limited and Nozomi Entertainment (basically Crunchyroll now). No worries for AnimEigo, though.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Still funny to me that the "I am very disappointed in you, son" photo is still the go-to Shoji Kawamori image.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:04 pm Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:

On the other note, I'm wondering if BIGWEST will recognize the Blu-rays of the franchise that are coming out with Anime Limited and Nozomi Entertainment (basically Crunchyroll now). No worries for AnimEigo, though.

I don't see that happening to be honest. Given Crunchyroll/Funimation/Crunchymation was the only one to not get a slice of that pie initially, I don't think Big West is too thrilled with what they did with Nozomi/Rightstuf to be honest, especially given they're owned by Sony (who's working with Harmony Gold.) If you remember what happened with Sentai Filmwork's Sunrise license rescues that they announced back in 2013 (of which only maybe one or two of all of those rescues ever actually came out), I could absolutely see Big West doing the same thing with Crunchymation that Sunrise did with Sentai in the sense that they keep putting it off until the license expires.

ESPECIALLY if Crunchymation opts to make the video releases exclusive to their store and doesn't fix their Bluray/DVD issue (Rightstuf shipped everything internationally while despite eating Rightstuf, Crunchymation only ships BDs and DVDs to Canada and the US) If Big West wants the series to find its footing internationally, that'd need to change I think.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 am Reply with quote
Good news for those going to AX this year. I chose last year to be my last. Hopefully those seeking autographs don't have a repeat of people waiting in line for days prior to the convention.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Even though I won't be attending, I hope that Kawamori will be releasing information on the new Macross series that was announced last July.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1